We believe in the power of volunteering and we believe we can leverage the skills and expertise of Vodafone to support the mahi of our partners. Last February, we held our inaugural hack-a-thons in Auckland that brought together highly-skilled Vodafone volunteers to solve challenges set by our community partners – watch the video to learn more.
For the second round, we are inviting selected Wellington and nearby based community partners to send us their challenges in April with a view to hold the hack-a-thons in June 2018 at our Vodafone Lambton House offices.
Support available in this round
A week of wrap around support and an allocated group of skilled Vodafone volunteers to swarm around a community problem across the following areas:
Government and Governance
- Assistance with developing a government relations strategy – local council, local MPs, Ministers, understanding wider political environment (priorities and key objectives of Government)
- Assistance with governance – oversight of organisation, leadership and management
Marketing and Commercial
- Project Management
- Commercial management – how to use your funds
- Developing propositions
- Strategy and planning – creating a long term plan and how to execute it
- Or all of the above, putting a Marketing package and including templates
- Sales strategy / Business proposal writing
- Business Case commercial modelling
- Presentation development and presenting skills/training
- Technology insight and guidance – mobility, cloud, networking, contact centre etc
- User experience, engagement and business process re-engineering
- Network connectivity – setting up Wi-Fi etc.
- Technology infrastructure of any kind
- Writing business cases (technology specific)
- Providing technology solutions
- Data management – e.g. putting information in the cloud
- Any on the ground work – technology or otherwise
Please note that hack-a-thons exclude building websites or making films, due to the very limited resources at Vodafone within those teams. We also won’t provide hardware of any kind as per our Vodafone Foundation policies.