We believe in the power of volunteering and we believe we can leverage the skills and expertise of Vodafone to support the mahi of our partners.
In February 2018, we held our inaugural hackathons in Auckland that brought together highly-skilled Vodafone volunteers to solve challenges set by our community partners. Following the successful pilot we brought the hackathons down to Wellington in June 2018. Watch the video to learn more.
For the third round, we are inviting selected Auckland and nearby based community partners to send us their challenges in November 2018 with a view to hold the hackathons in February 2019 at our Vodafone Head Office in Auckland Smales Farm.
Support available in this round
A week of wrap around support and an allocated group of skilled Vodafone volunteers to swarm around a community problem across the following areas:
- Sales strategy / Business proposal writing
- Business Case commercial modelling
- Presentation development and presenting skills/training
Commercial and Marketing
- Project Management
- Marketing, Brand and communications guidance
- Direct Marketing – reaching out to donors, campaigns, data analytics
- Commercial management – how to use your funds
- Developing propositions
- Strategy and planning – creating a long term plan and how to execute it
- Or all of the above, putting a Marketing package and including templates
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial Management and systems
- Employee training and development – leadership training, capability development and goal setting
- Rewards and recognition
- Health and Safety
- Resourcing – processes and practices for recruitment
- Succession planning
- Employment Relations issues – performance management, disciplinary issues, dismissals, bullying/harassment
- Employee engagement
- Business consultancy advice – assessment of business issues and building a tailored solution for your organisation
- Organisational structure advice
- Social media
- Building process and workflows
- Review communications / editing copy
Please note that hackathons exclude building websites or making films, due to the very limited resources at Vodafone within those teams. We also won’t provide hardware of any kind as per our Vodafone Foundation policies.