Applications for this programme are not currently open
The Vodafone New Zealand Foundation Technology Development funding is designed to support the development, implementation or growth of technology-focused solutions to youth development issues in Aotearoa. Ideally we are looking for scalable, transformative solutions appropriate to the local context and with the potential for international applicability.
We take an innovation pipeline approach. The initial technology development grants are for $15,000 over four months, giving recipients the time and funds to develop their ideas. This may involve conducting research, building a prototype, or exploring opportunities to expand the reach of an existing solution. After the initial grant period, recipients have the opportunity to come back to the foundation with a more fully developed proposal, to discuss further funding.
To ensure the projects have the best possible chance of success, we offer recipients access to the technological know-how that sits within Vodafone New Zealand. Each recipient is matched with a Vodafone mentor who helps them develop their skills and abilities so their vision can become a reality.
The Technology grants open on the 24th of August 2016 and close at 5pm on the 21st of September.
Who are we looking for?
Technology Grants applications may come from an organisation, an individual with organisational support or a collaborative, but the fund holders must be registered charities in New Zealand and the outcomes must be focused on positive youth development. Young people must have been consulted in the development process. We’re looking for:
- Passionate people that share our goal of making a difference for New Zealand youth and have the leadership skills to help them move in a positive direction.
- Ambitious, innovative projects must have clearly intended goals that enable vulnerable young people to live lives they value. A long-term focus and the potential to expand is essential. Ideally projects should take advantage of Vodafone’s expertise, capabilities and resources.
The host organisation should embrace the principles of the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa, including using a strengths-based approach to encourage young people to increase their positive connections within their community, family, school, peers and networks. The organisation must be committed to continuous learning and must have a clear understanding of the problem they are trying to solve.
Technology Development Grants 2017 application criteria
Applications must meet all of the following requirements:
- Your organisation must be a New Zealand charity and should embrace the principles of the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa
- You must have obtained the approval and support of the CEO (or if one does not exist, the Chair) of the organisation before applying
- Outcomes must relate to supporting vulnerable young people to live lives they value.
The cause must be youth-focused (defined as individuals between 12 to 24 years of age)
- The project must focus on using technology to solve an issue, or improve outcomes for young people
- Your project should have young people involved in the process and show evidence that this is something young people value
Applications for Technology Development Grants are currently closed.