Applications for this programme are not currently open
“What I’ve valued the most from Vodafone Foundation is becoming a part of the whanau that they have created. We are a family and by working together we can change things for the better for our young people in New Zealand.”
Marcus Powell, CEO of Crescendo Trust of Aotearoa
The World of Difference Programme
This funding enables talented individuals to make a difference to vulnerable young people in New Zealand. Each year, six individuals receive funding of $100,000 to go towards salary, expenses and project costs as agreed by them and their chosen charity.
To ensure the projects continue for the long-term, we go further than funding. Our engagement lead is active in her relationships with our partners, so they are always supported by Vodafone NZ Foundation. Each recipient is also matched with a Vodafone business mentor who helps them develop their skills and abilities so their vision can become a reality.
Who are we looking for?
Our World of Difference recipients are more than just extraordinary individuals; they should have a project plan that can make a real difference to vulnerable young people and be aligned with a community organisation that can enable them bring their project to life.
Passionate people that share our goal of making a difference for New Zealand youth and have the leadership skills to help them move in a positive new direction.
Ambitious, innovative projects must have clearly intended goals that enable vulnerable young people to live lives they value and build the capacity of the organisation. A long-term focus and the potential to expand is essential. Ideally projects should take advantage of Vodafone’s expertise, capabilities and resources.
The host organisation should embrace the principles of the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa, including using a strengths-based approach to encourage young people to increase their positive connections within their community, family, school, peers and networks. The organisation must be committed to continuous learning.
World of Difference 2017 application criteria
You must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be 18 years old or over and a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Your organisation must be a New Zealand charity and should embrace the principles of the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa
- You must have obtained the approval and support of the CEO (or if one does not exist, the Chair) of the organisation before applying
- Outcomes must relate to supporting vulnerable young people to live lives they value.
- The cause must be youth-focussed (defined as individuals between 12 to 24 years of age)
- The project must focus on capacity building
- Your project should have young people involved in the process and show evidence that this is something young people value
- Your project will begin between the 1st of January and the 31st of March 2017 and you are able to commit to working full-time for 12 months
This programme will be open again for applications from June 2017