Tabby BesleyShow all
rainbow young people have a right to be safe.
Rainbow young people in New Zealand are five times more likely to attempt suicide* and at least three times more likely to experience bullying. Those statistics aren’t changing – they’re getting worse, and that’s not good enough.
That’s why Tabby Besley founded InsideOUT, an organisation that supports journeys of positive change and inclusivity in schools and communities, aiming to give rainbow youth a sense of safety and belonging.
Text InsideOUT to 4644 to donate $3 to InsideOUT and support Tabby’s work with young people of sexual and gender minorities**.
In June 2015, Tabby was recognised as a Queen’s Young Leader for her exceptional work to ensure students of diverse sexualities and genders feel supported at school. Tabby is one of 60 young people internationally, and the only Kiwi, to get this award.
With the support of the Vodafone Foundation Tabby’s work can reach further across Aotearoa and provide support, affirmation and belonging to those that need it the most.
* If you need help please contact:
- LIFELINE: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
- OUTLINE: 0800 688 5463 (helpline for/from the rainbow community)
- SUICIDE CRISIS HELPLINE: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
- YOUTHLINE: 0800 376 633
- NEED TO TALK? Free call or text 1737 (available 24/7)
- KIDSLINE: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
- WHATSUP: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
- DEPRESSION HELPLINE: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
- SAMARITANS: 0800 726 666
**Please note: each text will automatically charge your mobile account $3, please ask the bill payer or mobile account holder. This service is only available until the 31st January 2018.